For many seniors and their loved ones, end of life care in a familiar, comfortable home setting, rather than an impersonal institution, is vastly preferable. In the home setting, caregivers from a quality home care agency provide comfort care support, delivered with a personal touch.
At-home hospice care services typically provide just two hours (or sometimes less) of medical hospice attention daily, and a once-per-week nurse visit. If you’re receiving hospice care at home, Simply Compassion Home Care can provide you solid support outside those few hours of service that the home hospice provides.
Our Caring Services Outside the Medical Hospice Role:
- Grooming, personal care and dressing
- Bathing, toileting and fresh linen changes
- Emotional encouragement
- Caring companionship, including reading aloud
- Light housekeeping chores, laundry and dishes
- Medication reminders
- Light in-home exercise such as walking around the house, in line with medical staff and family instructions.
While hospice requires doctor’s orders and is covered by Medicare, home care can be scheduled any time and is often covered by long-term care insurance plans. If you and your family have chosen hospice care, the addition of home care can increase quality of life, ensure someone is with you if your family caretakers are called away, and provide respite for your loved ones so they can make the most of the time they have with you.